BACIP has a passion for students! We understand that being a Christian student of psychology is no easy thing: we’ve been there and done that! We think it is vital for Christians not to compartmentalise their faith and their learning, therefore we fully welcome students to our membership (at a reduced rate) and seek to encourage and support them in integrating psychological theory and Christian theology.
In addition to all the other membership benefits, joining BACIP means you can can attend our annual Summer School, join the newly formed student email list, and, best of all, allows unwaged students to attend our annual conference at a subsidised rate! We are also encouraging the formation of departmental-based groups for psychology students and staff to see if there is one at your University yet, click here.
We also seek to support undergraduates, graduates, and clinical trainees in religion-relevant psychological research projects or dissertations. Other BACIP members can assist by providing pointers to useful references or copies of difficult-to-find American specialist journals, questionnaires, and books, and also have served as external examiners for research projects in specialist areas within the psychology of religion. Some of the projects and research that other BACIP members (including students) have carried out can be found in the Research section. And don't forget to check out the Resources section for suggested book lists and bibliographies!
Other useful links
- BPS Student Members Group Includes careers information, events and conferences, Resource for prospective clinical psychologists in the UK. Includes advice, articles, suggested reading, and discussion forum.
- Christian Medical Fellowship Student section of the Christian Medical Fellowship. Events, publication, and advice on choosing an elective.
- Fusion British Association of Christian student cell groups based in churches and University campuses in the UK and worldwide. Includes list of cells, teaching resources, and active discussion forum.
- LTSN Psychology Students Support for students interested in or already studying psychology, including study skills and career information.
- Therapy Students Christian Fellowship UCCF organisation for Christian students training in the allied health professions.
- Universities and Colleges Christian Fellowship (UCCF) Umbrella organisation for UK Christian Unions. Includes resources on how to start a CU.